WMUR: State Employment Official Answers Viewer Questions
“Richard Lavers, the deputy commissioner of employment security in New Hampshire, joined WMUR during News 9 at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday to answer viewer questions.”
Link: State Employment Official Answers Viewer Questions
Governor Sununu announced the creation of the Stakeholder Advisory Board to provide the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR) with key insight on the needs across New Hampshire communities and private industries, and to provide recommendations on relief efforts.
INITIAL members of the GOFERR Stakeholder Advisory Board include:
- Bill Ardinger, Attorney, Rath, Young & Pignatelli
- Dean Christon, Executive Director, NH Housing Finance Authority
- Jim Jalbert, C&J Trailways
- Al Letizio, Wholesale Food Industry
- Donnalee Lozeau, CEO, Southern NH Community Action Program (CAP), former Mayor of Nashua
- Scott Mason, Owner/Farmer, Northwind Farms
- Michelle McEwen, President & CEO, Speare Memorial Hospital of Plymouth
- Nancy Merrill, Director of Planning & Development, City of Claremont
- Ben Wilcox, President and General Manager, Cranmore Mountain Resort
The first preliminary advisory board meeting is scheduled to hold its first remote meeting tomorrow, April 16, at 1:00 PM. Additional members from various industries will likely be added.
THURSDAY, APRIL 16
Remote meeting of the GOFERR Stakeholder Advisory Board
Pursuant to RSA 91-A:2, this meeting is open to the public.
Follow the link below for the GOFERR Agendas and meeting minutes.
A grant application was approved today for $600,000 submitted by the New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence, which ensures the availability of resources for victims of domestic and sexual violence during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- $125,000 for immediate needs for victims of domestic and sexual violence
- $75,000 for emergency shelter funding for hotel stays
- $400,000 for expenses for crisis center operations
There is an update to Executive Order 17 clarifying campgrounds:
Under ‘Other Community-Based Essential Functions’ it states: Private and public recreational campgrounds or camping parks only for purposes of providing parcels of land rented for the placement of a tent or recreational vehicle
The link is: https://www.nheconomy.com/NHEconomy/media/NH-Economy/Exhibit-A-to-Emergency-Order-17_2.pdf
Fifteen new hospitalized cases were identified today for 178 (16%) of 1,139 cases
Seven of the new cases have no identified risk factors. Community-based transmission continues to increase in the State and has been identified in all counties with cases. Most of the remaining cases have either had travel to domestic or international locations or have had close contact with a person with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis.
DHHS has also announced five additional deaths related to COVID-19. We offer our sympathies to the family and friends.
• One male resident of Rockingham County, 60 years of age or older
You must be logged in to post a comment.