Because not everything needs to be about COVID ~ Steve
The story of Guor Marial – 2005 Concord High grad, Olympic marathoner, South Sudanese hero – has become the story of a nation, of 60 million refugees worldwide, of hope. Without Concord, it may have been told differently.“I didn’t envision Concord playing such a huge role, but it actually is the cat… read more at Concord Monitor
1 more death, 17 new cases linked to COVID-19 reported
State health officials announced Thursday that 17 more cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in New Hampshire, and one more Granite Stater has died.
The 17 new cases were the lowest daily total in the state since March 24.
Health officials said the person who died was a resident of a long-term care facility. There have now been 331 deaths associated with COVID-19 in New Hampshire over the course of the pandemic.
Two more people have been hospitalized for COVID-19, officials said. There have been 533 hospitalizations since the pandemic began.
Canobie Lake Park prepares to reopen July 16, social distancing, crowd limits expected
Amusement parks have the green light to reopen June 29, but Canobie Lake Park will wait until mid-July as they make changes to follow the governor’s guidelines.
Guests will be welcomed back to Canobie Lake Park on July 16 under new restrictions. There will be health screening questions. Hand-washing stations will be installed, and changes will be made to the way people order food.
Sununu urges caution for seniors going to amusement parks, movies
The rest of New Hampshire’s still-closed businesses can reopen June 29, but Gov. Chris Sununu cautioned that people over 60 should avoid those sectors, which include amusement parks, movie theaters, performing arts venues, arts and music education programs and adult day care centers.
“Not advised, at this time,” Sununu said Thursday. “We aren’t going to prevent it, but if you are over 60 or have an underlying health condition, I would not advise it. People can make their own personal decisions, but there is a lot of risk, to be sure.”
New Hampshire restaurant owners assail indoor seating limits
“Only days after New Hampshire restaurants were allowed to begin offering indoor dining they’re clamoring to remove virtually all restrictions, including requiring tables be separated.
On June 15, restaurants, previously restricted to outdoor dining and takeout, began seating customers inside, at 50% capacity in four southern counties and 100% in the rest of the state. But they still must limit tables to six customers and maintain six feet of separation between tables. The idea is that, with the combination of indoor/outdoor seating, they could serve about the same number of customers, at least when the weather is nice.”
New Hampshire car registrations begin to rev up after pandemic lull
Things have been busier than ever at Dave’s Automotive in Marlborough, the family-run car repair shop and salvage yard.
“We are so buried with work it’s ridiculous,” Michelle Ferranti said. “Cars still gotta run, they’ve got to get us someplace even if they don’t have to get us to work everyday.”